Saturday, October 23, 2010

Welcome to the land of Bekantan

Welcome to all,
This is the spot where I will track my adventures of studying proboscis monkeys in Borneo. 
First off, you might ask, what is up with this work bekantan?  Thanks for asking, for those of you that do not know, bekantan is the Indonesian word for proboscis monkey (that is Nasalis larvatus, for the science nerds).  I will be studying the proboscis monkeys for the next chunk of my life.  I will be studying how they respond to changes in their environment, both natural and manmade.. but more on that later. 
Warning to all blog followers: For those of you that know me well, I write in Katie-ese.  I will often use the wrong words or forget to use common grammer.  Please forgive me, as many times as I will read this over, I am sure I will make mistakes... I have a hard time translating Katie-ese back to English.  I can only imagine this getting worse as I start speaking in only Bahasa Indonesia and monkey (honk honk). 

No comments:

Post a Comment