Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Just in case you follow World News... I am safe

I turned on CNN yesterday when I couldn't sleep.  In a 2 minute period, they talked about the earthquake in Sumatra (and the tsunami warning), the volcano that is about to erupt on Java, and the ferry that sank near the island of Flores.  Just in case you did not realize from reading this blog, I am still safe.  I did not feel the earth quake, I am currently not near the volcano, and was not traveling on the boat.  The only disaster that I was close to was the flooding in Jakarta due to a rainstorm.  I even missed that, because I have a 5th floor hotel room, and slept through the storm.  A reminder to all the worriers out there.  Indonesia is a large country made up of 17,000 islands.  I spend the majority of my time on the West side of Borneo that has no volcanoes, no earthquakes, and doesn't experience Tsunamis. Also, I have brought enough stuff to deal with all emergencies, life jacket- check, motorcycle helmet- check, water purifier - check, machete- check, anti volcano suit- check, okay that last one is not true, but if worse came to worse, I could maybe fit in my pelican case and I would be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment